Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

To Photoshop or Not


There are many styles of photography: street, urban, portraits, wedding, landscape the list can go on and on. To each their own, we all have things we like and dislike and there is no right or wrong. With that out of the way here are my thoughts on some of the things I see going on in photography in general. While there are many styles as I mentioned I see  a few things going on in all of them. There are people who do very minimal editing and there are people who are all about Photoshop or other software to the point where picture does not look real anymore. Don’t get me wrong some of them look great, amazing, but is it really photography at that point or your Photoshop skills, does the picture become art at that point? To me the picture loses its life. One of the things I love about photography is that it can tell a story, but the more you edit it, the more of the story gets lost, there is a fine line where some editing that helps to get the point across like converting it to black and white or cropping to isolate the subject, but at some point with too much editing the picture loses its life and becomes some form of art instead of a photograph.

This is my 2 cents, so I hope I did not offend anyone by this post and thank you for reading!

Just another picture for your viewing pleasure :)

2 comments: