Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Extra, Extra Read all about it

Today was a  regular day, i took some street photos to process at the later time, i got home spend some time with the kids, had dinner, walked the dog, all routine things. 11pm The phone rings, its never a good when the phone rings at night, its my best friends wife, he was in accident and he is in the hospital. OK  i get dressed and take off to go there and then my world gets turned upside down, when i get to the hospital i am meet by the cop and the doctor telling me i am sorry and shaking my hand. MY friend of 20 years is gone just like that. Earlier today i spend probably about 3 hours talking to him about all kinds of things the longest we spoke in the long time. The hospital was rough between his family and so on, i tried to stay strong and not show any emotion at least there, did not know how to deal with it any other way at the moment. Fast forward i am home writing this, because i cant sleep, i cant do anything i am sick to my stomach and i need to talk this out as i am drinking a bottle of scotch. So what now, whats next i don't know everything has changed. The best thing about life, is life its that simple, nothing else matters! The tears are running down as i am writing this and my thoughts are all over the place. He will be remembered, life goes on. There is so much more on my mind but i just cant get it together at the moments, so i leave you with this pictures as a memory


24 comments:

  1. Roman, I knew Eddie for a long time, mostly because of you. I have been sitting here and reading and re-reading this post since I woke up. Eddie had a heart of gold I can't believe this, I am shocked, confused and destroyed! Please keep us in the loop, I want to come and say my good byes to him as well......... Thank you for staying brave and informing us. Eddie, R.I.P brother, we will miss you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roman. Just trying to process this right now. I appreciate your post bro - Joel

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolence's to his family. We never know when it is our time or how. May he Ride with the Angels now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. some one plz tell me what happened he is a friend of mine and i hope iam not understanding it correctly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.silive.com/eastshore/index.ssf/2012/03/staten_island_motorcyclist_kil.html

      Delete
  5. it is going to take a long time to process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Roman - I am happy to read you got to have that long conversation with Eddie - probably just to catch up on LIFE! Stay strong! Hugs and kisses, Missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eddie: R.I.P.
    The weirdest thing is that after 11 years or so of hanging out and all the wild shit (Roma, you know what I am talking about), all of a sudden, we started talking last Friday, first through the odnoklassniki, when he sent me a PM, and then an e-mail. ET came up with an idea to launch a Classics night. I guess it was some kind of a sign. That's his answer to my trivial question of "How is life treating you these days?"
    "I am good bro, wife, kids, work... Same shit... How about you? We need to get together and do a classic night!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about classic night, but a get together is needed and we can play classics ourselves.

      Delete
    2. Definitely. When is the funeral/wake? Does the family want to keep it private?

      Delete
    3. Dont know yet, once i do i will update everyone

      Delete
    4. Thanks man. I will follow the blog.

      Delete
  8. The following is the wake information for Edward Tsimerman aka Eddie Knuckles: the services will take place on Sunday 4/1/2012 between 11:30am-1:30pm at Kehila Chapels, 60 Brighton 11th Street, Brooklyn, NY. 11235, funeral to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. roman lost my best friend in a similar way old drunk retired cop making a left turn i think about him often this was 30 yrs ago i believe he watches over me as Eddie will watch over you and all his friends your friend Bruce Falletta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roman,

    So sorry to hear for your loss. Losing a life-long friend is never easy. Praying for you and his family.

    - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roman I was priveledged to know Eddie a few years although it seems like forever.He touched our heart's In a way few people can. Eddie was a special person loved by many.It has been 3 weeks since Eddie's death and still can't a handle on this. I know he will stay alive in each and every one of us
    We will never forget.R.I.P Eddie ride with the Angeles <3

    ReplyDelete